HUMLINE, TEXAS. Humline was on the Gulf, Houston and Aransas Railway in southwestern Bee County. It was founded after the Humble Pipe Line Company purchased thirty acres of land from J. H. Niemeyer in 1927 for a booster station. After the pipeline from McCamey and other fields to Ingleside was completed in 1928, the Humline booster station was built. At one time 90,000 barrels of crude oil were pumped daily from the station to the refinery or tankers at Ingleside. About twelve families were stationed at Humline in 1945. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Grace Bauer, "HUMLINE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvhaq), accessed September 15, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.