HUNT, TX (HUNT COUNTY)
HUNT, TEXAS (Hunt County). Hunt, in southwestern Hunt County, had a post office from 1884 to 1901. It may have developed around a cotton gin and gristmill established by J. M. Cook in 1880. In 1890 Hunt had a general store. Fifteen people lived there in 1902, but the community probably declined rapidly thereafter, as no further population information was available.