HYDRO, TEXAS. Hydro, in northern Eastland County, was established in 1920 on the Eastland, Wichita Falls and Gulf Railroad. The rail line was abandoned in the early 1940s, but in 1947 Hydro remained a gasoline refinery site with a population of 150. Hydro was not shown on the 1983 county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."HYDRO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvhaz), accessed April 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.