HARRISVILLE, TEXAS. Harrisville was ten miles southeast of Temple in southeastern Bell County. A post office was established there in February 1869 with James D. Nunneley as postmaster. In 1880 the community reported eleven residents. By 1882 both the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe and the Missouri, Kansas and Texas railroad companies had laid track across Bell County, but each railroad missed Harrisville by about four miles. The Harrisville post office was discontinued in October 1882, and mail for its remaining residents was sent to nearby Rogers.
John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "HARRISVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvhbv), accessed January 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.