HERMIS, TEXAS. Hermis, seven miles southwest of Shiner and seventeen miles southeast of Gonzales in Gonzales County, was probably established before 1894. A post office opened there that year and closed in 1899. In 1896 Hermis reported a population of twenty-five and had semiweekly mail delivery. At that time the community was a shipping and banking point. Hermis was not shown on the 1936 county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Stephen L. Hardin, "HERMIS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvhby), accessed September 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.