HICKSTON, TEXAS. Hickston is on Ranch Road 2814 some six miles south of Waelder in northeastern Gonzales County. Little is known about early settlement, but in 1898 Hickston secured a post office. In 1914 W. J. Adams served as postmaster, but by 1921 the post office had closed. The twenty-odd farms in the Hickston area were served by the Mount Eden school in 1936, but no businesses were noted that year. Hickston was still shown on the 1988 county highway map, but, except for a cemetery, little remained to mark the townsite.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Stephen L. Hardin, "HICKSTON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvhbz), accessed April 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.