IMMERMERE, TEXAS. Immermere (Emmermere), a rural community in a bend of the South Paluxy River in northern Erath County, was settled about 1856 by W. C., B. H., and G. W. Oxford. Indian depredations forced the Oxfords to leave the area temporarily, but they returned in 1858. The settlement became a stop on the Fort Worth and Rio Grande Railway in the 1890s. A post office granted by 1900 was replaced in 1905 by rural delivery from Stephenville. During the mid-1930s Immermere had a school, a cemetery, and a few scattered dwellings. The community is no longer shown on county maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."IMMERMERE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvi05), accessed October 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.