JACKSON, TX (MONTGOMERY COUNTY)
JACKSON, TEXAS (Montgomery County). Jackson was on the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad and Jackson Road seventeen miles west of Conroe in western Montgomery County. The Trinity and Brazos Valley Railway was built across the area by 1907. In 1910 a post office was established at Jackson. By 1915 the community had a telephone connection, a cotton gin, a general store, a sawmill, and a population of 100. The postmaster was Ed Pace, who also owned the mill. In 1925 the post office was discontinued. The town was gone by 1946. A few houses and trailer homes remained in 1990, and a brick house stood at the site of the former sawmill commissary.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Will Branch, "JACKSON, TX (MONTGOMERY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvj01), accessed December 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.