JAKEHAMON, TEXAS. Jakehamon, also known as Hog Creek, was ten miles northeast of De Leon in the northern tip of Comanche County. It was founded during the Desdemona oil boom of 1919 and named for Jake Hamon, oil operator, who gave land for the townsite and constructed a railroad from there to Dublin. In 1930 the community had a population of eighty-one. The 1983 county highway map showed a cemetery in the vicinity.
Comanche County Bicentennial Committee, Patchwork of Memories: Historical Sketches of Comanche County, Texas (Brownwood, Texas: Banner Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Julius A. Amin, "JAKEHAMON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvj03), accessed December 11, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.