KASOGA, TEXAS. Kasoga, three miles east of the site of present Knox City in south central Knox County, was established by 1877. A post office granted to Wayne Tackitt on April 5, 1890, was active until discontinued and moved to Cliff on December 31, 1903. Citizens of Kasoga tried unsuccessfully to encourage someone to build a gristmill and gin in their town by running an advertisement in the Dallas Morning News in March 1900, but the settlement was soon abandoned when that endeavor failed.
Mrs. R. D. Gray, Early Days in Knox County (New York: Carleton, 1963).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "KASOGA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvk01), accessed May 22, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.