KELLEY, TEXAS. Kelley, a few miles southeast of Lufkin in south central Angelina County, is named for G. A. Kelley, a pioneer Canadian lumberman of the Lufkin area. Kelley organized the Lufkin Land and Lumber Company in 1897 with E. A. Frost and T. L. L. Temple and the Carter-Kelley Lumber Company at Manning with W. T. Carter in 1905. The only census figure on Kelley lists a population of sixty-seven in 1978. The community receives its mail from Huntington.
Lufkin Daily News, Centennial Edition, August 16, 1936.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Megan Biesele, "KELLEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvk09), accessed May 22, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.