KENDALL VALLEY, TX
KENDALL VALLEY, TEXAS. Kendall Valley, six miles from New Braunfels in Comal County, was named for George Wilkins Kendall, who acquired land in the valley in 1852. He bought a flock of Mexican ewes for ruggedness and added pureblood Merinos from Vermont, thus introducing Merino sheep to Texas. On one of his trips from New Orleans, Kendall brought a barrel of apples packed in oats for safe shipment. As an experiment he sowed the oats in his garden and so began farming in the county. No community center remained in 1947.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Oscar Haas, "KENDALL VALLEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvk14), accessed June 20, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.