KITALOU, TEXAS. Kitalou is just north of the intersection of U.S. Highway 62/82/State Highway 114 and the Burlington Northern Railroad, eight miles northeast of Lubbock in east central Lubbock County. Originally named Causey Hill for an early settler, the town was renamed Kitalou for the daughter of railroad vice president F. E. Clarity when the Fort Worth and Denver Railway came in 1928. The Kitalou switch remained a county shipping point during the 1940s and 1950s, although by the 1980s it had ceased operations. The population near the old switch in the mid-1980s consisted of about fifteen families. The Gallagher Apple Orchard and a wrecking yard were located in the community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "KITALOU, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvk28), accessed September 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.