KLUMP, TEXAS. Klump, on Farm Road 389 eight miles southwest of Brenham in southwestern Washington County, has an altitude of 300 feet in a well-watered area near Rocky Creek. It derives its name from the Klump family and has had an economy dependent on agriculture alone. The Klump post office operated between 1899 and 1903. George Schulze was the first postmaster, and Louis Klump served as postmaster from September 1899 to May 1900.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Carole E. Christian, "KLUMP, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvk33), accessed January 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.