KRISTENSTAD, TEXAS. Kristenstad is twelve miles southeast of Granbury in southeastern Hood County. It was established by John B. Kristenstad about 1915 as a Norwegian settlement in the De Cordova Bend of the Brazos River. Though a post office operated there from 1928 until sometime after 1930, the community remained largely undeveloped. Twenty persons lived in Kristenstad in 1936. In 1990 it had a few houses and a cemetery.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "KRISTENSTAD, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvk44), accessed March 11, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.