LABATT, TEXAS. Labatt was on the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway and near the San Antonio River, some ten miles west of Floresville in western Wilson County. The area was originally part of the ranch holding of Francisco Flores de Abrego. In 1886 the San Antonio and Aransas Pass built a flag station and switch at the site and named it after Galveston attorney Henry J. Labatt. During the mid-1930s the area had a store and a number of houses. Later most of the residents moved away, and in the early 1990s only a few scattered dwellings remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "LABATT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvl07), accessed May 21, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.