LACEYVILLE, TEXAS. Laceyville, also known as Lacy, was a sawmill community eight miles south of Nacogdoches on the Southern Pacific line in south central Nacogdoches County. The community was named for Lacy Hunt, manager of the Hunt Lumber Company, which opened a large mill there after 1900. In the mid-1930s the population of Laceyville reached 300. After the mill closed around the time of World War II, however, most of the residents moved away; by 1943 the town reported one business and a population of twenty. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LACEYVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvl08), accessed July 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.