LAMBERT, TEXAS. Lambert was a farming community near the tracks of the Texas and Pacific Railway eight miles west of Weatherford in Parker County. Settlement began in the mid-1870s. Originally the area was called Fox after a common school begun by the settlers. In 1880 the town was renamed Lambert after the man who contracted to build one mile of track near the community. In 1885 a post office branch was opened there. By the mid-1890s Lambert served as a church and school community for area farmers. In 1909 the post office was discontinued. The estimated population of Lambert was fifteen in the 1940s; after that time no population statistics were available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "LAMBERT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvl19), accessed July 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.