LANDRUM, TX (CHEROKEE COUNTY)
LANDRUM, TEXAS (Cherokee County). Landrum was an early post office community near Tails Creek seven miles west of Alto in southwestern Cherokee County. It was probably first settled in the late 1880s or early 1890s and was named for Clarence Landrum, who operated a general store there in the 1890s. A post office opened in 1895 and operated until 1906, when the mail was sent to Alto. The store evidently closed later, and by the 1930s the community no longer appeared on maps. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LANDRUM, TX (CHEROKEE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvl23), accessed August 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.