LONE STAR, TX (COMAL COUNTY)
LONE STAR, TEXAS (Comal County). Lone Star, two miles south of New Braunfels, was settled in 1845, when ten-acre farm lots were allotted to early settlers of New Braunfels. In 1901 two nearby schools were reorganized as the Lone Star school, which by the mid-1950s had become part of the New Braunfels Independent School District.
New Braunfels Herald, July 6, 1954.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Oscar Haas, "LONE STAR, TX (COMAL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvl71), accessed December 13, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.