LANES CHAPEL, TX (BOSQUE COUNTY)
LANES CHAPEL, TEXAS (Bosque County). Lanes (Lane's) Chapel is on Farm Road 2602 seven miles northwest of Valley Mills and twenty-three miles northwest of Waco in southwestern Bosque County. The first known settler was John R. Cox in 1865. The first school was constructed in 1876. John R. Lane and his sons arrived in 1877 and built a church the next year. After completion of the church, the community changed its name from Hollis Prairie to Lanes Chapel, after the Lane family. The Lanes Chapel school consolidated with the Mosheim public schools in the early 1930s. Church membership was transferred to the Clifton Methodist Church in 1959. The church in Lanes Chapel then served as a community center.
Bosque County History Book Committee, Bosque County, Land and People (Dallas: Curtis Media, 1985). William C. Pool, Bosque Territory (Kyle, Texas: Chaparral, 1964).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Karen Yancy, "LANES CHAPEL, TX (BOSQUE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvl98), accessed April 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.