LEACHVILLE, TEXAS. Leachville was two miles west of Tracy in west central Milam County. A post office was in operation from 1879 until 1883, when the service was moved to Lilac. The Leachville Common School District was established in 1889, and the community had a Presbyterian church from 1893 to 1902. The Leachville school had two teachers and seventy students in 1903. The community did not appear on county highway maps in the 1940s.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956). Milam County Heritage Preservation Society, Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "LEACHVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvlax), accessed April 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.