MAXWELTON, TEXAS. Maxwelton, twelve miles from San Saba in southeastern San Saba County, was originally called Holland Hill for David Holland, who arrived in the county in 1855. Z. T. Maxwell operated a truck farm and cannery in 1905. A post office, secured on April 26, 1907, and operated in the home of Benjamin C. Maxwell, was discontinued on December 15, 1917.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alice Gray Upchurch, "MAXWELTON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvm52), accessed December 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.