MCSHANE, TEXAS. McShane was on the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe line just east of Votaw and about forty miles northwest of Beaumont in northwestern Hardin County. The community was established in 1911 by the McShane Lumber Company of Dearborn as a logging camp for the Dearborn mill. The population was reported as 300 when installations were removed and the site abandoned in 1913. See also DEARBORN, TEXAS.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Madeleine Martin, "MCSHANE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvm65), accessed January 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.