MELDAVIS, TEXAS. Meldavis, on State Highway 275 below the North Fork of the Red River four miles southeast of Lefors in central Gray County, was named for the Mel B. Davis Ranch, which was established before 1902. The site was on ranchland leased to oil companies during the boom of the late 1920s.
Gray County History Book Committee, Gray County Heritage (Dallas: Taylor, 1985).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.H. Allen Anderson, "MELDAVIS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvm66), accessed October 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.