MILLSEAT, TEXAS. Millseat, twenty-five miles northwest of San Marcos in northern Hays County, was established when J. W. Crow set up a store on the road between Henly and Dripping Springs. When a post office was added in 1886 it took the name of Millseat. No town developed, and in 1909 the post office closed.
Dudley Richard Dobie, A Brief History of Hays County and San Marcos, Texas (San Marcos, 1948).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Daniel P. Greene, "MILLSEAT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvm84), accessed May 12, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.