MINGO, TEXAS. Mingo was two miles northeast of Denton in central Denton County. The Texas and Pacific Railway laid tracks through the area sometime during the early 1880s; the town had a post office from 1899 until 1906. In 1914 it served as a water station for the Texas and Pacific. It reported a population of thirty-seven in the middle 1930s and thirty in the late 1940s. One business operated throughout the 1930s and 1940s. Since then Mingo apparently has ceased to exist as an separate community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "MINGO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvm88), accessed February 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.