MOCCASIN, TEXAS. Moccasin, in northwestern Coryell County, was named for Moccasin Bend in the Leon River, where T. D. Hendrickson killed several moccasin snakes. Hendrickson gave the right-of-way for the flag station to be established on the St. Louis and Southwestern Railway in 1911. In 1941 the railroad was abandoned, and the station became only a place name.
Zelma Scott, History of Coryell County (Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1965).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Zelma Scott, "MOCCASIN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvm93), accessed May 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.