MONINGTON, TEXAS. Monington was near the Trinity River in the vicinity of present day Tucker in southwestern Anderson County. The community had a post office from 1918 to 1923 and appears to have been named for the Monnig family, who owned an extensive cotton plantation called Long Lake in the area. Monington was not listed on state highway maps of the 1930s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "MONINGTON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvm94), accessed August 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.