On this day in 1893, Robert L. Williams produced the first piece of ware in the new McDade Pottery plant. The plant was the successor to a "jug shop" begun in 1853 in the vicinity of what is now...(Read More)
MOUNT HOPE, TEXAS (Cooke County). Mount Hope was a community in northwestern Cooke County. It had a Baptist church by 1874. The 1886–87 school records show a school there with thirty-eight pupils and one teacher. The community was not shown on the 1930s county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.