MUSGROVE, TX (FRANKLIN COUNTY)
MUSGROVE, TEXAS (Franklin County). Musgrove was on the tracks of the Sherman, Shreveport and Southern Railroad three miles west of Scroggins and three miles east of Winnsboro in southern Franklin County. It was settled around 1890, and a post office was established there in 1895. By 1896 Musgrove had two churches, a store, a mill, and an estimated population of 100. Afterward, the town apparently declined rapidly. The post office was closed in 1907, and by 1948 Musgrove had ceased to exist as a named community.
Billy Hicks and Doris Meek, comps., Historical Records of Franklin County, Texas (Mount Vernon, Texas: Franklin County Historical Survey Committee, 1972).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "MUSGROVE, TX (FRANKLIN COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvmbb), accessed September 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.