MULVEY, TEXAS. Mulvey was on the Missouri, Kansas, and Texas railroad between Barnum and Fleming seventy miles northwest of Beaumont in eastern Polk County. The sawmill community was the site of the Mulvey Mills, owned by Allen and Company. In 1889 the mill had a daily capacity of 20,000 board feet. Mulvey, which appears on an 1897 railroad map of Texas, does not appear on subsequent editions.
W. T. Block, ed., Emerald of the Neches: The Chronicles of Beaumont from Reconstruction to Spindletop (Nederland, Texas: Nederland Publishing, 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "MULVEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvmbk), accessed December 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.