NACLINA, TEXAS. Naclina is on State Highway 103 near Etoile and twenty miles southeast of Nacogdoches in southeastern Nacogdoches County. The settlement was established around 1900 as a logging camp. Its name was derived from the names of Nacogdoches and Angelina counties, as its site was very near that county line. For many years the community was a flag station on the Angelina and Neches River Railroad. During the 1930s Naclina had a depot and a number of houses, but after World War II many of its residents moved away. As late as the mid-1960s, however, a sawmill and several stores were still in the area. After the construction of Sam Rayburn Reservoir in the 1960s, a number of new houses were built in the area. During the early 1990s Naclina was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "NACLINA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvn01), accessed September 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.