NEIGHBORSVILLE, TEXAS. Neighborsville (Neighborville) was a Comal County community across the Guadalupe River from New Braunfels. It was practically the same town as Horton Town, which was settled in 1847 when Leopold Iwonsky sold fifty-acre tracts from the Albert C. Horton survey. Horton Town had a population of ninety-seven in 1850. In 1853 Jacob De Cordova laid out a townsite called Neighborsville on the Esnaurizar league next to the Horton league. He gave a lot for St. Martin's Evangelical Lutheran Church, which had been organized in Horton Town in 1850. Community stores sprang up, and a gristmill was operated by steam power. A stagecoach roadhouse served the three stagecoach lines, which operated on the Old San Antonio Road, the main street of Neighborsville. By the late 1940s the New Braunfels Textile Mills were located in Neighborsville, but by that time the community had disappeared from maps of the county; most of it had been absorbed into the city limits of New Braunfels.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Oscar Haas, "NEIGHBORSVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvn12), accessed December 18, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.