NEW CAMP, TX
NEW CAMP, TEXAS. New Camp was a logging community near the site of present Chireno eighteen miles southeast of Nacogdoches in southeastern Nacogdoches County. The settlement was established by the Angelina County Lumber Company around 1900 and served for many years as a stop on the Angelina and Neches River Railroad. During the 1930s the small community had a depot and a number of houses, and several stores were in the vicinity. After World War II most of the residents moved away, and by the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "NEW CAMP, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvn18), accessed September 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.