NEW HOPE, TX (DENTON COUNTY)
NEW HOPE, TEXAS (Denton County). New Hope was on New Hope Road just west of U.S. Highway 377, three miles south of Aubrey, and ten miles northeast of Denton in central Denton County. New Hope was shown on a 1918 map as a community with a church, a school, and several houses. Its school in 1935 had thirty-seven students and two teachers. In 1948 the New Hope school district was consolidated with the Aubrey district. New Hope was shown on a 1964 map. By the 1980s, however, though the church and cemetery remained, the site was no longer known as a distinct community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Lisa C. Maxwell, "NEW HOPE, TX (DENTON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvn24), accessed November 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.