NICHOLAS, TEXAS. Nicholas was on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad five miles south of Hearne in southern Robertson County. It had a church, a store, and a rail station. In 1942 the town consisted of half a dozen businesses and at least two dozen dwellings. In 1988 a few farms and scattered dwellings remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."NICHOLAS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvn34), accessed April 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.