NORFLEET, TEXAS. Norfleet, a ghost town in southwest Hale County on the north bank of the Double Mountain Fork of the Brazos River, was platted in 1907 and named for developer and rancher Jasper Frank Norfleet. The town prospered for a brief time with several businesses and a post office, which was open from 1907 to 1913; but the expected railroad did not come, and most buildings were moved away.
Ed Ellsworth Bartholomew, The Encyclopedia of Texas Ghost Towns (Fort Davis, Texas, 1982).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William R. Hunt, "NORFLEET, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvn46), accessed November 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.