NORTH ELM, TX
NORTH ELM, TEXAS. North Elm is near Farm Road 485 seven miles northwest of Cameron in northwestern Milam County. The community was named for nearby North Elm Creek. Mose Price, who moved to the area in 1876, organized a Baptist church at North Elm. The North Elm school had fifty-six students and one teacher in 1903. The school, the church, and a few scattered houses marked the community on county highway maps in the 1940s. The church became inactive in 1941, and no population estimates were available.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956). Milam County Heritage Preservation Society, Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "NORTH ELM, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvn50), accessed November 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.