NORTH HOPKINS, TX
NORTH HOPKINS, TEXAS. North Hopkins, also known as North Hopkins School, is on Farm Road 71 four miles west of Birthright in north central Hopkins County. In 1943 five schools in northern Hopkins County united to form a rural high school; three other schools joined later. The school employed eleven teachers in 1948. During the mid-1960s North Hopkins also had a church and a store. The community still had a school, a church, and a business in the mid-1980s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.J. E. Jennings, "NORTH HOPKINS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvn51), accessed October 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.