NORTHWOOD, TEXAS. Northwood, nine miles east of Anderson in extreme eastern Grimes County, was founded in 1907 as a station on the newly constructed line of the Trinity and Brazos Valley Railway. In 1910 the community reported a population of 100, and a post office operated there from 1913 to 1915. By 1941 the population had fallen to an estimated twenty, and Northwood had one business. In 1948, the last year for which estimates are available, the town had a population of twenty, a church, a rural school, and a store.
Grimes County Historical Commission, History of Grimes County, Land of Heritage and Progress (Dallas: Taylor, 1982).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles Christopher Jackson, "NORTHWOOD, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvn56), accessed June 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.