NURSERY, TX (DALLAS COUNTY)
NURSERY, TEXAS (Dallas County). Nursery was a farming community at the intersection of Nursery Road and State Highway 183, eight miles west of Dallas within the present-day city limits of Irving in western Dallas County. The community was on the original land grants of W. H. Morris and W. Irby. Nursery was named for the fruit and shrub businesses in the community. In 1948 its residents received mail from Grand Prairie. The area of Nursery was still designated on the 1981 county highway map, which showed an extensive array of railroad switching and freight tracks in the vicinity.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Matthew Hayes Nall, "NURSERY, TX (DALLAS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvn60), accessed January 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.