NORTH BENNETT, TX
NORTH BENNETT, TEXAS. North Bennett, formerly known as Head, is on Farm Road 2005 and a county road, twelve miles northeast of Goldthwaite and four miles northwest of Center City in eastern Mills County. The county's first judge, J. B. Head, moved to the site with his family around 1890. The Head community was on a mail route from Caradan and had a church and school in 1936. Later the site became known as North Bennett, presumably because of its proximity to the northern fork of Bennett Creek. No population figures were reported for North Bennett in 1990.
Flora Gatlin Bowles, A No Man's Land Becomes a County (Austin: Steck, 1958).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Richard Allen Burns, "NORTH BENNETT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvnav), accessed January 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.