OHIO, TX (CAMERON COUNTY)
OHIO, TEXAS (Cameron County). Ohio was two miles north of U.S. Highway 281 and six miles southwest of San Benito in southwestern Cameron County. The community was named by settlers from Ohio who settled in the area during the early 1900s. Ohio was shown on maps until 1948. In 1990 a few scattered houses remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alicia A. Garza, "OHIO, TX (CAMERON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvo10), accessed July 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.