PASCHE, TEXAS. Pasche was on Brady Creek about a mile south of what is now U.S. Highway 87 and nine miles east of Eden in southeastern Concho County. The community had a post office from 1907 until sometime after 1930. In 1908 promotional literature for the county cited Pasche as one of five Concho communities having a windmill. Pasche became a station on the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway sometime around 1912, when a line was completed from Lometa (Lampasas County) westward to Eden. In 1914 Pasche had one gin, two general stores, and a population of fifty. From 1925 until 1967, the last year for which a figure is available, Pasche reported a population of twenty-five. In 1936 the community had a school, a church, and a seasonal industry. In 1940 the school, which encompassed grades one through seven, had two teachers and an average daily attendance of eighteen. By 1955 the Pasche school had been consolidated with the Melvin (McCulloch County) school district. By 1970 only a few scattered buildings remained in the vicinity.
Hazie LeFevre, Concho County History: 1858–1958 (2 vols., Eden, Texas, 1959). Vernon Lee Rucker, A Proposed Reorganization of the Concho County, Texas, Public Schools (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mary M. Standifer, "PASCHE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvp14), accessed March 08, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.