PIERPONT PLACE, TX
PIERPONT PLACE, TEXAS. Pierpont Place was in southern DeWitt County where Fivemile Creek flows into Twelvemile Creek. In the 1840s Elizabeth and William Pierpont had a log house and stables at the site, where they provided changes of horses for the Indianola to San Antonio stage. The Pierponts also operated a post office, established in 1852, which also served the nearby Lateiner Settlement. The post office closed in 1870. No town developed, but the locale was still known as Pierpont Place in 1948.
Nellie Murphree, A History of DeWitt County (Victoria, Texas, 1962).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Nellie Murphree, "PIERPONT PLACE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvp44), accessed September 15, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.