PLEASANT GROVE, TX (EASTLAND COUNTY)
PLEASANT GROVE, TEXAS (Eastland County). Pleasant Grove was a rural community five miles northeast of Eastland and about a mile southeast of the intersection of Farm roads 101 and 1852 in northern Eastland County. The community was a school district between 1878 and 1883, but no teaching was reported after 1880, when the pupils and funds were transferred to Union. A single business and a population of twenty were reported from 1939 through 1947. In 1987 the cemetery and a few scattered buildings marked the site.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."PLEASANT GROVE, TX (EASTLAND COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvp58), accessed July 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.