PLENTITUDE, TEXAS. Plentitude (Plentitude Yard) was a rural community in northern Anderson County located on Brushy Creek ten miles north of Palestine. Settled by Anglo-Americans in the early 1830s, the area was the scene of several struggles between settlers and Indians. The site had a lumbering operation called Plentitude Yard from 1850 through the Civil War, and the community was granted a post office called Plentitude in 1850. The post office was closed in 1883, and Plentitude disappeared in the late nineteenth century.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazelwood, "PLENTITUDE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvp64), accessed November 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.