On this date in 1882, building commissioners Nimrod Norton and Joseph Lee turned the first shovelful of dirt for the present Texas Capitol. Construction was financed by the sale of three million...(Read More)
PROSERPINA, TEXAS. Proserpina was in west central Jasper County southwest of Jasper and Beech Grove. The Proserpina post office was established in 1903 but discontinued in 1907. The voting precinct was briefly abolished in 1921 but reestablished; in 1926 it was consolidated with that of Erin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.