PESCH, TEXAS. Pesch, a community on the Houston and Texas Central Railroad in southern Washington County, derived its name from its first postmaster, William Pesch. A post office was established in 1881, and Dorothea Pesch became postmistress in 1885. Possibly because of the growth of Phillipsburg the Pesch post office closed on October 15, 1891; it was reopened in 1892. By that year the town had a population of thirty, a mill, a gin, and one store. William L. Knolle was postmaster when the post office closed permanently in October 1898.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Carole E. Christian, "PESCH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvpaf), accessed December 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.